Sunday 24 June 2012

Vintage finds

My weekend has been so much fun. With no uni studies to occupy my time, I have felt very spoilt and free. This was compounded by my five year old going off to see the football with her grandma, and hubby going off to do his footy umpiring, leaving me HOME ALONE for most of Saturday. I cannot remember the last time this happened. I pulled out the sewing machine and set myself up on the kitchen table and had some great fun with vintage fabric and ric rac. This is what I'm working on.


A tote bag for my new lap top - my first project where I'm using some lovely vintage fabric.

But no vintage fabric to be found op shopping this week. I did have some lovely johnson and pyrex finds.


Some adorable piecrust edge blue johnson tea cups and saucers, side plates, dessert bowls, and dinner plates.


A johnson milk jug and cake plate.


And some pyrex baking dishes, both that match others I have in my cupboards. The top one is a butterfly gold pyrex  and the bottom dish is a homestead brown with cobalt blue floral design.

I'm linking in with Sophie at Her Library Adventures. Go and have a look at all the other thrify finds.

I so wanted to grab this little beauty (?) for $10 at my local op shop....a granny trolley.


I could just image it re-crafted with a vintage patchwork cover, or maybe with a crocheted granny squares cover. But I resisted the temptation. I didn't get it, to the great relief of hubby.

What do you think....was I mad to have liked it?
Are there crazy (ugly) things that you like, that no one else does?
I'd love to hear of them...


10 comments:

  1. Loving that Johnson cake plate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The johnson cups and saucers are a beautiful colour ~ nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Johnson set is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have bought the trolley!! I love your idea of covering it in crochet, that would be so cool! Imagine how useful it would be when heading round the charity shops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. But I am trying to be disciplined and not add stuff that I cannot use now. Always a hard task!

      Delete
  5. I love that post war utilitarian Johnson China. Did you know that following the war there were restrictions on the colours that could be used in Brittish China? The result - lots of beautifully muted dinner sets, just waiting to be rediscovered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blue piecrust edge dishes are adorable. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finds, the Johnson Blue is my absolute favorite. I have one dinner plate and I'm constantly on the look out for more.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, couldn't believe my luck. I've got a bit of the cream coloured dishes, but this is my first blue. The colour is quite stunning. Would love to find some yellow though, my favourite colour.

      Delete

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.