Monday 1 August 2011

Sweet flower granny blanket

I'm so happy to have finally completed my first crochet blanket - a sweet flower granny blanket for my daughter's bed.  The design comes from the lovely Attic24. It took me nearly a year to complete, with many stops and starts along the way.  It is the most beautiful and clever design.  While the little picot flowers were a bit tedious, crocheting the larger granny squares, and perfecting good colour combinations was a joy.
I have yet to determine what my next major crochet project will be.  At the moment, I'm pottering with little jobs here and there....crochet hearts, butterflies and flowers.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely! Can't believe this was your first project, amazing job. I've wanted to make one of these for a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.