Sunday 20 January 2013

Year of Projects patchwork bag


 


  
My patchwork bag has been coming along slowly. The postie delivered the scrumptious yarn (Rowan Belle Organic DK) in late September, and I have only just finished crocheting the 27 granny squares. I've been away from blogging for a while but have been busy with work, family, life ... and illness. It has been a busy time for me, and only now do I feel like I'm able to recharge.
 
I've made the very sensible decision to take some extended annual leave to recharge my batteries, spend some quality time with my daughter while she's on school holidays and spend some time pottering around my house doing fun stuff like cooking, preserving and making. I've also started reading again.  
 
I've started crocheting the patchwork bag squares together, then onto the handle and making up the lining. I think I will use some of the vintage fabric I have been collecting. Ravelled here.
 
Ive also been working on covered clothes hangers from The Gentle Art of Knitting by Jane Brocket, another project on my list. An easy and portable project.
 
Here is my list for A 2nd Year of Projects.The list is part of Come-Blog-a-long, a ravelry group where we commit to our projects and share our progress (or lack of!) and challenges.


8 comments:

  1. I hope that you enjoy your gentle recovery time.

    That bag is lovely! I had a peep at your project list and they are all beautiful, especially the jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea on the extra "me" time, sometimes its just that gentle going along that can recharge us best. Enjoy it and the time with your daughter. Love the bag and the colours in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the colours that you're working with. That green is an unusual choice with the other brighter colours but it really works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the bag!!!!! I need to get that book! And the knitting one too. Enjoy your time with your daughter and so glad you came back as your projects are right up my alley! I want to make a bag too now! Hope you get to reading time also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need to make that bag..it's perfect for what I've been searching for...Welcome back to blogging...everyone needs to recharge..I think I will schedule one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag is going to look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to spend more time with your daughter, that's great for both of you. Enjoy it. I always look forward to my time with DD. The patch work is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are better now, and life gets less stressful. Glad you had time to unwind with your daughter. And the bag is looking great, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.