Tuesday 3 January 2012

New years thoughts

Welcoming in the new year makes one think about the year gone, and the year ahead.  This past year has been full of new experiences and some real personal challenges.

My blogging started in August, here is a snapshot of the major craft projects...

My sweet flower granny blanket, design from Attic24. My first ever blanket, that now lies beautifully on my daughter's bed.

My crocheted seaman's scarf.

My amigurumi green tree frog. Made for a university assignment - my Uni tutor's loved it!

 My crazy bunny nugget.

Started my African flower hexagon pillow - still in progress.

My first ever big knitting project - a shrug.

The christmas dove.

The giant granny square blanket.

For 2012, my crafty plans include...

1. Yarn bomb something in the local area. (surburban Melbourne needs a bit of spice and colour!)
2. Do a crochet pattern out of one my vintage craft books. (I have soooo many books, it's about time I used them.)
3. Sew 5 pieces of clothing for myself. (I sew clothes for my daughter, but never for myself.)
4. Make or buy curtains for all my curtainless windows.
5. Crochet a queen size blanket for my bed.
6. Do a youtube cooking tutorial (crazy brave!).
7. Learn fair isle knitting.
8. Do crochet tutorials on my blog for my patterns.

The one thing I have learnt from the challenges of the past year - that I need to constantly challenge myself to do new and difficult things. I must get out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.