Sunday 29 January 2012

The Endless Summer

With only a couple more days left of January 2012, I'm pretty happy with how much stuff I've squeezed into it. My daughter starts her first day of school in a week (both her and I are very very excited!), as a result I've been very keen to really treasure my time with her.

We've been going to Ocean Grove beach, so she can try out the new boogie board Santa brought her. I must confess I felt a guilty sort of pleasure when she got 'dumped' by this tiny little wave. It's a bit of a right of passage to be tossed and turned by waves - I was proud that she got up and wanted to keep on riding more waves.


Also visited a Space in Film exhibition at ACMI and Scienceworks and have been playing lots of board games.


On the crafting front, I really want to finish a knitting project - a kiddies jumper - from this book.  I've banned myself from starting any new knitting projects until this is finished. Is this something you do too?

As a new knitting book arrived two days ago in the post (and it is absolutely scrumptious) there is now a new urgency to finishing this jumper. I'm planning on showing you some of my new book - more on that later....

Last night I blocked out the jumper. I was a bit unsure of how to do this - but after some research from the yarn label/books/blogland - decided on pinning it out, placing a damp tea towel on top, and gently steam ironing it.  This seems to have worked well.


Next step is stitching it all together, and knitting the neckline. Almost, almost finished.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have had fun. enjoy the last days with the little one at home before starting school, these times are so precious. They grow up fast.

    Good luck for little one starting school.
    Shelley @ all4meggymoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.