Thursday 15 December 2011

A bit of johnson love...

Ops shops, salvos, thrift shop...they have so many names. Just near my work is my all time favourite op shop where I love to duck off to during my lunch break. Here's my latest finds.

A retro orange crock pot - that cooks a beef and wine stew beautifully. I was sooooo excited when I spotted this little beauty on the op shop shelf.

And here's the ceramic pot itself - when the beef stew was ready I took out the ceramic pot and placed it right on the table.
And for some of my johnson love, love, love....
And these johnson cups and saucers and cake plate are my very first johnson finds.


What do I love about johnson crockery? It's Australian, it has Australiana stuff on them, they are very 60s/70s retro style, and I love that they are made in Australia.  There's not much crockery that was ever made in Australia. My mums a potter, so I've got a good appreciation of ceramic ware.  I also love that they are earthy colours, and have a solid feel to them.

1 comment:

  1. What a find, and the ceramic pot is really pretty to use straight to the table.
    I really love your first finds, the brown and beige set. It is very different, I've got a brown set from Hornsea which I got off Ebay. It really plain but I like that it's old and not everyones got it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.