Sunday 4 September 2011

Sissy

Sissy puppet by lorimakes
Sissy puppet, a photo by lorimakes on Flickr.
Say hello to Sissy, a hand puppet knitted for my daughter. The pattern is from the book, Jil Eaton's Knitting School, with variations in the length and types of yarn. I used worsted weight yarn for the body and 8ply yarn for the mane and tongue. 

I'm stuck in between knitting projects.  Having been unable to source the yarn I'm wanting - a Sirdar 80% bamboo yarn - I decided to knit up the hand puppet as a quick and easy project that uses up some of my left over yarns.  The grey worsted yarn - while not the most ideal colour for a kids hand puppet - was a half finished crocheted beanie I found in my stash of yarn.  I am trying to be more economical in my yarn purchases - using what i have where I can, instead of buying more and more and more yarn.

I will most likely source the bamboo yarn from an online yarn shop.  Any suggestions of a good one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.